Forum Title: Diverter valve ID
Looking for some help identifying the manufacturer of this valve and how to repair it. Thanks
Category: Plumber Post By: ROBERTA GUERRERO (Bellingham, WA), 02/15/2017

I though maybe moen also but a couple things throwing me off, the escutcheon under the spout and the brass stem or adapter in the bottom photo. Moen Chateau deck mount tub valve use 1224 cartridge and usually have plastic stem/cartridge extension. If it is a moen you will need a moen retainer removal tool to remove the cartridge/entension.

- NAOMI BLAIR (Davis, CA), 10/05/2017

what's wrong with the valve ? Can you post some larger photos. Have you checked the tub spout really good for any ID marking ? Post some pics with diverter handle & hot or cold handle removed. Also post pics of the h/c handle ID button.

- TIFFANY WILLIS (Columbus, GA), 10/12/2017

The valve looks like an older Moen. It (the handle) moves but doesn't operate as it should. The stem is square with one round side. The barrel has a groove and may need a special tool to disassemble and clean the lime out. Any insight is appreciated.

- KELLY BELL (Minnetonka, MN), 10/14/2017

Assistance & Plumbing Support Links For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-880-2779